Hello! We’re already into mid-January and I know I haven’t blogged in a while. 2017 was certainly amazing and have a lot of good moments to look back on it for that year 🙂
2017 was where I got into a little more of studio photography. I’ve grown to a collection of a few backdrops! Now, I haven’t used it a lot, but I think that’ll continue to be a goal for 2018 🙂 Speaking of photography, I had more shoots last year and October was especially amazing for it, I had like 4 shoots that month! I inquired more new clients so that was awesome too. I also shot some returning clients as well. So yeah, 2017 was amazing for me photography wise. I also got an underwater camera. Good to use in the pool or the beach. I also have gotten new lenses, 85mm and 35mm. Last year was also the first year I did not have another photographer photograph our family for our annual family shoots. I relied on ME! I’ve also worked on getting my tripod used and the wireless remote button used more as well.
Other 2017 memorable days/events are as follows:
- Meeting Piper in February
- my first WWE show in March
- Paint night with Annie and Caitlyn in April
- Apple Land in April over Easter weekend with the family
- Jackson started soccer for the first time and he played from May to July
- Logan had his 1st communion in May
- Bachelorette Weekend that happened Canada Day weekend (started with my birthday!)-horseback riding and dinner out and condo fun! Fireworks too!
- Collingwood week with my family right after. Movies and swimming and the beach 🙂
- Visited the Butterfly Conservatory in Kitchener with the boys and my husband. It was a fun day in July!
- Finally got to AAP in Harpersville, NY with my husband in July also. It was amazing to see April The Giraffe, Oliver and Tajiri in person after months of watching them on the webcam via YouTube. That day was the happiest day I had been all summer!
- being a bridesmaid for Alex and Amanda’s wedding in August. That was my 2nd happiest day of the entire summer. It was awesome. SO much fun and I felt so beautiful that day!
- visiting Safari Niagara over Labor Day weekend with the boys. I needed another giraffe fix and I wanted to take the boys somewhere new. It was a good day.
- Jackson started JK in September. He has had a good transition to being at school all day every day. He’s done really well so far.
- I also joined the School Council in September as a Parent rep. I’ve also volunteered for a couple school trips with my boys already. Fanshawe with Austin in October and skating trips for Austin as well. More coming this year.
- Visit Appleland in October with the family for apple picking fun
- Joker (Sworik Family dog) passed away just after Thanksgiving. It was a tough time for everyone. We miss him dearly. We gave my parents a 3D crystal glass picture of him for Christmas to remember him by.
- Sworik Family sleepover at Spring Stone. So much fun. It was actually the most relaxed Christmas. Opened gifts, Pjs, played cards in the evening. Breakfast in the morning, and etc.
- New Years Eve was spent at home. So it was a low key. I also shot photos of the super moon.
So in all, 2017 has been an fantastic year for us all and 2018 has a lot in store for me personally, us as a couple and as a family. Can’t wait to see it all unfold and see what else happens! 😀