More devotional to share from Songs in the Key of Solomon…. In the Word …and In the Mood by John & Anita Renfroe. This one was about that is the bar too high? The questions were as follows:
- Are you more prone to dwell on the past or to worry about the future? What letter grade would you give yourselves (and each other) for your skill at living fully in the present?
- Relate areas of your life where you have succumbed to comparison and ingratitude.
- In what specific ways can you help each other turn into simple every day pleasures and joys?
My husband’s answers:
- I’m prone to living in the past and not necessarily worry about the future but in terms of work, not looking forward to the years I have to put in. I would give you A or B for living in the present.
- More work related because others are being treated with more perks. I seem to have succumbed to a bad attitude towards work instead of embracing the good parts of it.
- forgot about that question….
- I think it’s bit of both for me, depending on what it is that I am thinking about. Just different things. I probably would give you a B because I know you try to be in the present but it’s not always easy with your moods and everything else.
- I have succumbed to comparison with myself, my body and sex. Not always positive.
- Didn’t answer the last question either.