I recently jumped back into the book of Songs in the key of Solomon: In the Word… and In the Mood by John and Anita Renfroe. It’s devotional book for couples. I started a couple of these with Isaiah last year, and then just got busy and forgot about it. Because my husband is on night shift this week, I texted him the questions that are in each chapter/devotional.
These were the questions:
- Imagine you’re opening each other like a present. Describe what attributes of the gift you are most excited about.
- When you were younger and dreaming of the gift God would bring you in a mate, what did you dream about?
- In what way(s), does your spouse surpass your dreams and expectations?
My husband’s answers:
- My devotion to God, willingness to help with the boys with homework, housework, etc.
- He found himself more attracted to brunettes but never really thought about what he wanted in a wife. *I am blonde now, but I do have dirty blonde hair/light brown hair as my natural color*
- I am more than he could ever ask for in a wife and mother of our kids.
- My husband being supportive with photographer, being a mom, his devotion to being a dad and helping around the house and his ability to make me smile and or laugh.
- I didn’t dream much of what I wanted in a husband but I knew I wanted “him” to be tall, handsome and romantic. (and he is all that and much more!)
- My husband is more than I could ever ask for in a husband and father. I knew he would be amazing very early on and he has been 🙂